European Assembly, 4-7 August 2017:
Transport notes to High Leigh Conference Centre, Hoddesdon, EN11 8SG
These notes should help, but please check Google Maps too.
NB: We have access to the centre from mid-afternoon on 4th August. The first event will be a buffet supper that evening, at around 6.30pm.
- Long-haul flights, e.g. from the USA/Canada, normally arrive in the UK in the morning, so there should be plenty of time to reach the venue the day you arrive using public transport.
- Long-haul flights are most likely to fly into either London Heathrow or Gatwick airports. From either of these airports you will need to travel into the centre of London. From Heathrow use the Heathrow Express to London Paddington station. From Gatwick use the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station.
- You will then need to use the London Underground (Tube/Subway) on the Circle Line to get to Liverpool Street station. From Liverpool Street station catch an overground train to Broxbourne – the nearest station to High Leigh. It’s then a short taxi ride to the venue.
- There is a cheaper, but longer, alternative route from Heathrow. From the airport take the Piccadilly underground line to Green Park in the centre of London. Change to the Victoria line (same underground station) and go to Tottenham Hale. Exit the underground station and next door is the overground station where you catch a train to Broxbourne. You need to buy one ticket from Heathrow to Tottenham Hale and another ticket at Tottenham to Broxbourne.
- From Europe, flights may also arrive at Heathrow or Gatwick, in which case the above instructions apply. However for European travelers, Stanstead is the closest to the venue. There is a direct train line to Broxbourne – the closest station to the venue – and then it’s a short taxi ride to High Leigh.
- Hiring a car from Heathrow or Gatwick is always possible, in which case it’s a one- to two-hour drive.
- For anyone driving to High Leigh you are most likely to come via the M25. Exit at junction 25, and go north on the A10. Take the exit for Hoddesdon, on Dinant Link Road until you reach a roundabout/traffic circle. Turn right (third exit) on Amwell Street and take the first right, Taverners Way. Take the second right on Lord Street (appropriately named!) until you reach the High Leigh Conference Centre on your left.